As the weather warms up, the forests come to life with vibrant wildflowers and the streams, rivers & water falls flow with crystal clear water.
Head to the National Park on your own, and enjoy the trailheads that are just re-opening after being closed for the winter months. Or sign up for the Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage, which is a five-day event held in late April that celebrates the diversity of plant and animal life in the Smokies.
For up-to-date information on the trails, check this National Park Service page.
Outdoor adventure activities are back in full swing like mountain coasters, ziplining & white water rafting. Check out some of our favorites like Moonshine Mountain Coasters, Climb Works and Rafting in the Smokies.
Here are some specific events you might want to consider as well.
- March 11: Dollywood opening day with 50th anniversary special I Will Always Love You running through April 8
- March 12-18: "Get Lucky in Gatlinburg" St. Patty's Day Fun all around town
- March 17: St. Patty's Day at the Island
- March 20-22: The SkyWalk at Gatlinburg SkyLift Park
- March 24-25: Corvette Expo at LeConte Center
- April 1: Whiskey & Bacon Festival at Ober Mountain
- April 5-8: Great Smoky Easter Arts & Crafts Show
- April 8: Pigeon Forge Easter Egg Hunt
- April 13-15: Pigeon Forge Spring Rod Run
- April 14-June 5: Blooms and Tunes at Anakeesta
- April 21-June 11: Dollywood Flower and Food Festival
- April 22: Mountain Man Memorial March
- April 28: Music in the Mountains Spring Parade
- May 5-7: Hands On Gatlinburg at Arts & Crafts Community
- May 18-20: Grand National F-100 Ford Show
Whether you're a nature lover, history buff or thrill-seeker, there's something for everyone in the Smokies.
Looking for accommodations during your stay in the Smokies? We'd be honored to host you. Remember you can always check our availability at www.vacationadventuresbyvicki.com, and never hesitate to contact me with any questions!
Thanks and happy spring!